Last year we made the raw turmeric and mango ginger pickle on the blog and it was our very first experience pickling on the platform. And elevating our expertise this winter we are going to explore yet another seasonal and easy pickle recipe.
Lemons are cheap and in abundance in and are usually used for pickling or storing juice refrigerated worth for months if possible.
Also, lemon pickles are an integral part of Gujrati cuisine with our sweet, sour, with and without chilli, red chilli, different spice combinations, and whole and cut versions.
This version is oodles of tang and hints of spiciness if you don’t forget to take a chilli along with.
Although the recipe is simple it is not instant but I totally believe this is where the magic happens time helps develop flavor and combine few simple ingredients into a necessary finger licking gourmet that you want to have with your every meal.
Limbu marcha nu athaanu (Whole lemon chilli pickle)
- 10 nos Lemon big/medium
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 5 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 5 nos Green Chilli slit and deseeded (you can keep the stalk on or not)
- Before we start let’s ensure that our mixing bowl and spoon are dry and clean.
- Not to worry about the our glass jar on this day though but yes even the Airtight glass jar too needs to be clean and sundried
- Wash and dry your lemon and chillies
- Mix your sugar salt and turmeric in a small bowl
- Cut your lemons into quarter not all the way though.
- Use your fingers or spoon to stuff the spices in the across the wedges created. And also over the chilies
- Add it to a bowl. And add the juice over it all
- Keep the bowl covered for two to three days tossing and turning it two times a day morning and evening.
- After two days its ready to be shifted to a ceramic or glass jar of your choice. Its ready to be enjoyed after 10-12 days after it softens. But don’t forget you need to toss and turn it every day as usual for the 10-12 days till it matures.
Happy pickling once more.